STUDIO LAAUW TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Identity and applicability
Www.studiolaauw.com (“Website”) is operated on behalf of Studio Laauw B.V. with Chamber of Commerce number 89359399 and VAT/BTW Number 864957713B01 (hereinafter referred to as (“Studio Laauw/we/us/our”).
These terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) govern and apply to your use of our website, all our offers of products on our Website and your acceptance thereof, and your purchase of products from our Website. These Terms and Conditions also govern and apply to all purchases made in our physical store(s). However, the sections “Return policy”, “Right of Withdrawal”, “Prices and payments” and “Deviations” of these Terms and Conditions are in its entirety replaced by the sections set out below in “Terms and Conditions for Products Bought in our Physical Store(s)“
Please note that the term “you”, “your” or “consumer” refers to the term consumers meaning a natural person not acting in the course of a profession or business, that consumes products as a customer or hands them over for repair to the entrepreneur.
The term “products” refers to products sold by Studio Laauw only.
Product availability and delivery
Although availability may be indicated on the Website, we cannot guarantee product availability and products, nonetheless, may not be available for immediate delivery. We reserve the right, without accepting liability or prior notice, to revise, discontinue, or cease to make available any or all products or to cancel any order. If there is any revision, discontinuance, or cessation, we may, in our discretion, ship products which have substantially similar functionality and specifications to the products ordered or cancel your order.
In accordance with the above, purchased products will be dispatched within 5 working days starting on the date of the order, however we try our best to dispatch the purchased products within 2 to 3 working days starting on the date of the order, excluding Force Majeure situations in the dispatching process.
Please allow up to 14 working days for delivery to arrive outside of Europe, and 7 working days within Europe. If you still have not received your purchased products after 3 weeks, please notify us via email at email@example.com. You bear any and all duties and customs costs for orders shipping outside of the Netherlands and Europe.
Please check our FAQ for the delivery window during our online sale.
Where possible, we try to deliver all the products you ordered at the same time. Please note, however, that products may be delivered in separate shipments. We therefor reserve the right to deliver your order in separate shipments; for example, if part of your order is delayed or unavailable.
We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colors of our products that are displayed on the Website. However, as the actual colors you see will depend on your monitor, we cannot guarantee that your monitor’s display of any color will be accurate. Therefore the pictures of our products on the Website are for illustrative purposes only.
Order process and agreement
You can only place an order if 1) you are a consumer, 2) who is at least 16 years of age, or has the consent of at least one of my parents and/or guardians place an order and 3) who provides us correct information that is necessary for the fulfillment of the order.
An order placed by you is an offer to purchase the product(s) displayed on our Website, which offers needs to be accepted by Studio Laauw.
Once the order is placed by you, we will send you an order confirmation email, to let you know that we have received your order. This order confirmation email does not constitute an acceptance of your order or the conclusion of a contract. Studio Laauw reserves all rights to reject your order for any reason and with no liability to you or any third parties prior to Studio Laauw acceptance of your order.
Our acceptance of your order and conclusion of the contract will only take place when we send you an email confirming that your order has been dispatched. Please note that, prior to the dispatchment of your order, Studio Laauw may still cancel your order by reasons mentioned in these Terms and Condition, for example because of the unavailability of the product, your misuse, a force majeure event on our side or due to non-payment by you.
Right of withdrawal
As the consumer you can withdraw your order placed on this Website within 14 days after 1) the date you received the order or 2) if you have ordered several products in the same order, after the date you received the last product. Studio Laauw will honor your right of withdrawal, when notice of your withdrawal request is sent to Studio Laauw by using the model form for withdrawal or in any other unambiguous manner via email at firstname.lastname@example.org within the aforementioned 14 days.
Once you have notified us within the aforementioned 14 days, we shall reimburse within 14 days all the payments you made to us for the canceled order, including the delivery costs (if applicable and the maximum being the least expensive type of standard deliver we offer).
In the event that you have already received your products, you must return the products within 14 days as of the day following your withdrawal notice, in conformity with our return policy and at your costs. In that case we shall reimburse all the payments made for the canceled order, once we have received a proof of shipment or we have received the returned products. We will use the same means of payment that you used.
You are liable for the decrease in value of the product that is the result of you using the product in a manner beyond what is necessary to determine the nature, properties and functioning of the product. The risk and burden of proof for the correct and timely exercise of the right of withdrawal is on you.
Prices and payments
The prices displayed on the Website are quoted in Euros, including VAT and excluding delivery costs, if applicable. If delivery costs are applicable, they will be displayed during the checkout process. All prices include handling or taxes (total at the end) excl. shipping, if delivered to customers within Europe. For customers outside Europe, additional charges may apply.
Studio Laauw reserves all rights to 1) make changes to the prices displayed on the Website and 2) change or withdraw special offers or discounts at any time, without prior notice.
Studio Laauw only offers the payment methods displayed during the checkout process and Studio Laauw shall not be liable for any transfer or bank charges and/or import duties or taxes.
All payments are subject to authorization and validation checks done by the payment service provider. In the event that the payment service provider does not, for any reason, authorize or validate your payment, the relevant payment provider can notify you thereof, after which Studio Laauw shall cancel your order.
Retention of title
1) All products that have been delivered to you remain the sole property of Studio Laauw until you have fully paid any and all amounts owed to Studio Laauw under any contract that is placed between you and Studio Laauw, including payment of costs, earlier or later deliveries or partial deliveries. You shall remain liable for the devaluation of or damage to the product in the period between your receiving of the order and your payment.
2) Studio Laauw can exercise the right of retention when the consumer fails to fulfil a due and payable obligation, unless the shortcoming does not justify this retention.
Our return policy entitles you to return the product(s) for any reason within 30 working days starting on the date you received the product(s) in conformity with our return policy. For orders placed during an online sale, the return period is 14 working days after the date you received the product(s), in conformity with your above mentioned right of withdrawal and our return policy. See our FAQ page for more information about our return policy.
Please note that face masks are considered a hygiene product that cannot be returned or exchanged. Face masks bought via our Website or in our physical store(s) are final.
You can open the package and check the contents. However, the products can only be returned when they are completely unused, unwashed or altered and sent in the original packaging, with original labels and double boxed. To return the product(s) fill in the return form, add it to the return box and attach the return sticker to the return box.
Studio Laauw shall not bear the costs of returning the product(s) unless otherwise indicated by Studio Laauw’ customer service in writing.
We only accept returns of product(s) purchased from this Website only. If you have purchased a product of Studio Laauw through one of our appointed distributors, please contact the relevant distributor.
If you are returning product(s) you may no longer qualify for any discount or special offer associated with your order. If you received any product(s) for free and/or any accessories with your order, you must return all the free product(s) and/or all accessories together with the product(s) you are returning to receive a full return refund or a digital gift card.
1) Studio Laauw guarantees and warrants for a lifetime that the delivered products comply with the agreement (conformity) and that the products possess characteristics that, all circumstances considered, are necessary for normal use. The following is not considered as normal use of Studio Laauw products and therefore the following is not covered by our warranty:
– Using our products during sports or in extreme weather conditions.
– Using any chemicals or sharp object on our products.
– Modification or repairment of the product by you or any other third party.
– Neglecting or not properly storing our products.
– Poor maintenance and not following our wash & care instructions.
– Damages due to compression, a fall, abnormal impact or actions or wear against abrasive surfaces.
– Damages caused by UV (Sunlight or other natural phenomena), fire, bleach.
– Natural breakdown of colors, finishes and materials over time.
2) Complaints concerning defects (non-conformity) in purchased product must be submitted to Studio Laauw as soon as possible and no later than two months after discovery thereof. You must return the defect Product to Studio Laauw in accordance with the return policy together with the original receipt. Studio Laauw will replace the Product that cannot be used properly as a result of a manufacturing defect, provided that the product is still available. If a product is not available and you don’t accept a similar product (if possible), Studio Laauw will at its own discretion provide you with a gift card for the same price as the specific defect product or reimburse the price of the specific defect product.
3) However, Studio Laauw is not liable for defects or resulting damage that have occurred after the delivery of the products as a result of incompetent / not normal use or lack of care, or that are the result of changes or repairs that you or a third parties have made to the delivered products or after one year from the date of sale. Studio Laauw warranty does not cover damages of a product if the damages are resulting from the actions or negligence of consumers.
Limitation of Liability
Without prejudice to any other articles of these Terms and Conditions and any Agreement, if a product fails to meet the specifications, your rights and Studio Laauw liability shall be limited to, repair of such product, price reduction, replacement of such product, reimbursement of the price of such product or providing you with a gift card for the same price as such product, at the discretion of Studio Laauw. Studio Laauw obligations mentioned in this article are contingent upon your full compliance with our Terms and Conditions, such as the “Warranty” and “Return Policy” articles.
1) Complaints concerning defects in purchased products and/or other complaints about flaws in the execution of the agreement shall, as soon as possible and no later than two months after discovery thereof, be submitted to Studio Laauw. Consumer complaints should preferably be made in writing to Studio Laauw. Prior to being able to exercise his right to complain, the consumer shall at the request of the Studio Laauw demonstrate that the agreement to which the complaint relates, has been concluded with Studio Laauw. Consumers are advised to keep the proof of purchase and/or the proof of intake for repair and/or the proof of commission for making the products for this purpose.
Changes to our terms and conditions
Studio Laauw reserves all rights to make changes to these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Your use of our Website following any such change constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by the Terms and Conditions as changed. These Terms and Conditions were last modified in December 2022.
Unless otherwise noted, all materials, including images, illustrations, designs, icons, photographs, video clips, and written and other materials that appear as part of this Website (collectively, the “Contents”) are copyrights, trademarks, trade dress and/or other intellectual properties owned, controlled or licensed by Studio Laauw. The Website as a whole is protected by copyright and trade dress, all worldwide rights, titles, and interests in and to which are owned by Studio Laauw.
The Contents of our website and the Website as a whole are intended solely for personal, noncommercial (other than for the purchase of merchandise from our site) use by the users of our Website. No right, title or interest in any downloaded materials or software is transferred to you as a result of any use of the Website, or downloading or copying of any Contents. You may not reproduce (except as noted above), publish, transmit, distribute, display, modify, create derivative works from, sell or participate in any sale of, or exploit in any way, in whole or in part, any of the Contents, the Website, or any related software. Laauw will change, move or delete portions of, or may add to, its Website from time to time.
All product designs are made by Studio Laauw, the Website is built by Nextcap, and all (photography) rights are reserved by Studio Laauw
All comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Studio Laauw on or by this Site or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection with your use of this Site (collectively, “Comments”) shall be and remain Studio Laauw property. Such disclosure, submission or offer of any Comments shall constitute an assignment to Studio Laauw of all worldwide rights, titles and interests in all copyrights and other intellectual properties in the Comments. Thus, Studio Laauw will own exclusively all such rights, titles and interests and shall not be limited in any way in its use, commercial or otherwise, of any Comments. Studio Laauw is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to user any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that no Comments submitted by you to the Site will violate any right of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s). You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to the Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, abusive or obscene material. You are and shall remain solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make.
THIS WEBSITE AND ALL CONTENTS OF THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND EXCLUDING POSSIBLE WARRANTIES OR CLAIMS ON THE PRODUCTS SOLD THROUGH THIS WEBSITE BASED ON (EU) CONSUMER LAW.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE, BY YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, THAT YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK, THAT YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ALL COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ALL NECESSARY SERVICING OR REPAIRS OF ANY EQUIPMENT YOU USE IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF OUR WEBSITE, AND THAT STUDIO LAAUW SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE.
From time to time there may be information on the Website that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, and/or availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information at any time without prior notice, including after you have submitted your order. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. If you are not completely satisfied with your Studio Laauw purchase you may return it with your invoice to Studio Laauw by mail and in conformity with our Return Policy for another size, another Studio Laauw product, digital gift card or money refund.
Force majeure events
A Force Majeure event means an occurrence of which makes performance of your Agreement/order impossible, impracticable or unsafe: an act of God (including, without limitation, tsunami, wild fire, earthquake, hurricane, or other natural disaster), inevitable accident, strike or other labor dispute, war or threat of war, act of public enemy, act of terrorism or threats thereof, riot or civil commotion, national state of emergency, enactment, rule, order or act of any government or governmental instrumentality, failure of technical facilities, epidemic, pandemic, interruption in or substantial delay or failure of technical facilities, or failure or substantial delay of necessary transportation services, or any other event or condition beyond Studio Laauw’ reasonable control, as applicable.
In the event a Force Majeure event takes place our obligations under these general conditions will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Force Majeure event.
Individual deviations, including additions and extensions of these Terms and Conditions are only valid if they are recorded in writing between Studio Laauw and the consumer, for example by means of a receipt or order form, or if such a thing had been made demonstrably publicly known on the website.
Miscellaneous – Disputes – Dutch law
Unless otherwise specified and except to the extent Studio Laauw products are offered for sale in the Netherlands through this Site, this Site and the Contents thereof are displayed solely for the purpose of promoting Studio Laauw products and services available in The Netherlands and select foreign markets. In the event that any provision stipulated in these Terms and Conditions is null and void or is subject to annulment that will not affect the validity of the other provisions.
This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Netherlands, without regard to any conflict of law provisions. Any dispute arising under this Agreement between Studio Laauw and a consumer can only be submitted to the competent court.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR PRODUCTS BOUGHT IN OUR PHYSICAL STORE(S)
The following sections of the Terms and Conditions above are in its entirety replaced by the following sections for products bought in our physical store(s):
The Terms and Conditions section “Return Policy” is entirely replaced by the following
1) Unless otherwise agreed upon, you are entitled to return products bought in our physical store(s) to our physical store(s) only and you will receive the purchase price of the returned products in the same payment method, provided that the following conditions are met:
– return takes place within 14 days of the purchase of the products with the original receipt or invoice; and
– the products have not been worn, are completely unused, unwashed or altered and returned in the original packaging, with original labels.
2) The provisions of paragraph 1 do not apply to any face masks and discounted products. Face masks and products bought during a sale or for discounted prices are final and can’t be returned or exchanged. It is also not possible to return products that are individualized, i.e. specially tailored or otherwise adapted for the consumer, and for items that have been ordered by Studio Laauw at the explicit request of the consumer.
3) If you are returning product(s) you may no longer qualify for any discount or special offer associated with your purchase. If you received any product(s) for free and/or any accessories with your purchase, you must return all the free product(s) and/or all accessories together with the product(s) you are returning to receive a full return refund.
The Terms and Conditions section “Right of Withdrawal” is deleted in its entirety and not applicable for products bought in our physical store(s).
The Terms and Conditions section “Prices and payments” is entirely replaced by the following:
The prices displayed in our physical store(s) are quoted in Euros, including VAT.
Studio Laauw reserves all rights to 1) make changes to the prices and 2) change or withdraw special offers or discounts at any time, without prior notice.
Studio Laauw only offers the payment methods displayed at the physical store(s) and Studio Laauw shall not be liable for any transfer or bank charges and/or import duties or taxes.
The Terms and Conditions section “Deviations” is entirely replaced by the following:
Individual deviations, including additions and extensions of these Terms and Conditions are only valid if they are recorded in writing between Studio Laauw and the consumer, for example by means of a receipt or order form, or if such a thing had been made demonstrably publicly known in the physical store(s).